Thursday, November 1, 2012

Day 19: A Project

Day Nineteen: A Project




This is my best interpretation of a project I've done regarding my daughter. Suffice it to say that it's easier to avoid such things. There are lots of ways I remember her, lots of things I do. My first endeavor was to open my bakery, Bells Custom Cakes. I've been doing that off and on since April of 2011, just after she died, and I love what it is. As with any new thing, I'd love for it to become more, but I'm comfortable with where we're at. I did something for my life that I KNOW she would have wanted for me, and now I get to do it in such a way that I know I'll always love what I do...rather than in such a way that it becomes a job, something that I resent. This project is much more personal, as it has forced me to think about her, what she meant, what she continues to mean, and how very much she affected me. In the interest of full disclosure...it's much harder than I expected it to be.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment