Friday, October 28, 2011

Creepy Children

Tonight, I'm watching Chiller 13: Horrors Creepiest Kids. One thing you should know about me, is that i find children in horror movies to be terrifying. Seriously, they rock me to my core. If you really wanna get a rise out of me, and have me curled up, in the fetal position, rocking back and forth, show me a movie with a creepy kid. Its been noted though, that the more the "creepy kid" thing is done, the less scary it becomes. So watching this show, I'm finding myself thinking: "these kids really aren't that scary." And then there's one. The same one who has been terrifying me for years, and no matter how old i get, or how old the movie becomes, it will always terrify me to my core. 
    The movie is "Pet Semetary". I'm not sure how many of you are horror buffs, or are familiar with this movie, but its STILL to this day, the scariest movie ever. At least in my book. In this movie, the father finds that the family cat has died, and takes to him to the place beyond the "pet semetary" where if he buries the cat, it will come back to life. It does, but it comes back psycho. Nutso kitty, and not good ju-ju. A little later into the movie, the little boy dies. Seriously hardest movie scene ever to watch. When his tiny little sneakers hit the pavement and bounce....ahhhh, melts my heart as a mother. So daddy....not being able to deal with his guilt says...ya know what i think i'll do, take my son to the same semetary that created demon cat, and bury him there. Thusly, terrifying psycho toddler is born. Gage is without a doubt THE MOST terrifying child on the planet. He doesnt even really have to try. He just stands there...with this look on his face that says "that's right. I'm going to kill you. But be careful, because i'm cute." Blehhhhh. 
     That though, isnt even the scariest part of the movie. The scariest part of the movie are the very few lines that this terrifying toddler speaks. "I played with Judd, and then i played with mommy, and now i wanna play with yoooooouuuuuuu." The hell you do! Its this tiny little voice, basically saying: "ive killed everyone else....and now its your turn." The thing about him being so small though, is that you cant find him! he can hide under the bed, behind the door, pretty much anywhere....and all you can really do is just stand there and wait for him to pop out....and it always scares the hell out of me. Even when i know he's about to do it. He ends up losing the battle, and daddy gets the better of him. Using some secret serum from his med-bag, he shoots little Gage in the neck, and saves everyone from imminent doom. We all celebrate! And then...he goes to find his wife, and guess what?! Takes her to the semetary too. Needless to say, no one lived through that event....and creepy little boy prevails. 
   Halloween is the time of year to over indulge in scary movies...when all the documentaries ABOUT scary movies come out, and its all a lot of fun. Tonight though, I'll be sleeping with one eye open, on MY toddlers....because you never really know when one of them is going to want to play. 

No comments:

Post a Comment