Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Olivia Rose

8 years ago today, a little girl was born. She was tiny and precious, and she rocked our little worlds. We didn't know what would become of her, or who she would be, all we knew was that she was. She made me smile, and she was EVERYTHING i always wanted. She was my niece. She was born to my sister...not a sister by birth, nor by marriage, but by love. She was dating my brother, and pregnant with the little girl who would come to own me. I watched her grow, for as long as i could...and then life happened. It's funny how things get in the way. I remember the day she was born....laying on the couch, dozing off and on, waiting for the news that she'd made her debut. I remember my excitement that she was finally here, and I remember making plans. I thought I'd know her so much better than i do. I thought there'd be time for makeup and dress up, and tea parties. I thought I'd get to watch her grow up...into a beautiful little girl, and an amazing young woman...but i don't get to do those things. Instead, i watch her grow up in pictures...watch her accomplishments over facebook, and become overwhelmed with pride at the beautiful little girl she is. I see a lot of my brother in her....well, not so much him as the saracen side. I see their eyebrows, their smile. But she's pretty like her momma...and i know without a doubt that she's going to be a heart breaker someday. I wish i could change the way things are, i wish i could make sure she knows that i still love her, and still think of her everyday. Distance is hard on relationships, it surely takes its toll. I don't know her as well as i planned to, and that's hard to deal with. Perhaps someday that will change, but for now, I'll watch the pictures of that beautiful hair, those big brown eyes, and that smile that's contagious, and know her momma is raising her to be every bit as perfect as i always knew she'd be. <3
Happy Birthday Baby Girl!

No comments:

Post a Comment