Thursday, August 25, 2011

RANT!

Today, I'm having the kind of day that makes me want to run up and down I-10 and see what happens. Its been one of those days. The kind of day where nothing really happens so it SHOULD be a great day, but a lot of little things eat away at you until you're so pissy that your nice, relaxing day has turned into a heaping pile of dog shit. Yea, that's my day. I got to sleep in today, which was nice, and i sincerely thank D for that. He's awesome. I hear that whilst i was sleeping the boys were....well, boys. In rare form this morning though, and i realized quickly what he was talking about. Within probably 30 seconds of opening my eyes, the beasts realized i was awake, and i was bombarded. The troll wanted to know if i was awake, and do i love him. Also, he wanted to tell me stories of all the horror that D had done to them while i was sleeping. The imp just wanted kisses and snuggles, only he wanted LOTS of kisses and snuggles. And that's a lot to take in within just a few minutes of starting your morning. After i woke up, and fed everyone breakfast, things calmed down a little bit. The boys played in "the invisible boat mobile", and i played online. After a little while though, D and i figured it was time to figure out what to do with our day, did it involve going out, and what would we feed the boys? It ended like this: D was headed to the store to pick up 3 things: laundry soap, dog food, and a prepaid visa card for little miss worthless. Meanwhile, i was at the house battling the forces. The children were to clean their rooms, and have baths. D walks out of the house, and I sigh. Here goes. I start with cleaning their room. Now, when i say that the boys were to clean their room, that typically means that they have to stand in the room and watch while mommy does all the work. I wish i could say that i make them do it all, but i just dont have the patience. If i made them clean the room (and you HAVE to stand in there, otherwise all they do is play), i'd be sitting in there for HOURS. And...i love being a mommy, but i'm not about to hang out in their room for HOURS watching them clean. I'm sorry, i only have 300 other things on the to-do list today. So, needless to say, i did 95% of the cleaning after i hollered at them both to go find something to do that didnt involve watching me clean up their mess. After finally finishing up their room, i gave them baths, got them dressed, and even combed their hair. Gathered all the trash in the house, cleaned up the living room, dining room, and kitchen, and here i sit. All of these things accomplished and i stop and say to myself...."where's D?" And my phone rings. Everything is done EXCEPT for the task of purchasing the prepaid visa. At this point, what i want to do is to tell him to call her back and tell her to get a job and some priorities, and that hes not sending her shit. I want to stomp my feet on the ground like a 3 year old and ask WHY he is fully responsible for the care of those children, when she's not doing ANYTHING to help herself. I could find a job tomorrow if i wanted one. It wouldnt be what i wanted, but it'd put food on the table for these kids. Why does it seem like i'm the only one feeling this here? So what i want to say is, I'm sure there's a Mcdonalds SOMEWHERE in that great big ole state of WA that's hiring, i'd love for you to go find it. Until then, sit in the dark and think about how your laziness is failing your children. BUT-i dont say that. Any of it. Instead, i tell him to please hurry, that my babies are hungry, and hang the phone up in frustration. I'm not even frustrated at him. I'm frustrated at the inability of some people to take care of the lives they've created. Continuously making stupid, piss poor decisions, and putting men and being with someone before what's best for their children. Are we a rare breed, us parents that find our children to be more important than our men? Than the prospect of finding a man? Maybe I'm taking my grumpy, pms-y mood out on this chick, or maybe, just maybe, its time for all these little girls who are making grown woman decisions to start taking their  responsibilities seriously. Or maybe its both.

2 comments:

  1. No not just taking it out on this person (she's def. a target if you ARE in the mood but she brought it on herself)--I think you are just aggrivated by the fact that you would roll over and die if it meant ensuring your children wouldnt go without. Raising children is hard--and there are some crappy times when you are trying to stretch the hell out of a dollar...but somehow manage to do it...while there are others out there that rely on others to take care of THEIR responsibilities. At the end of the day, you dont want those children to go without either so you (As an amazing mother and person) will stretch what there is and encompass those children as well. Im sorry you have to deal with worthless snail trails but--you are a strong momma...and DESERVE to rant and rave whenever you damn well please so stomp those feet, scream into a pillow, then go pour yourself a glass of wine...and have D rub your feet and back! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are you talking about his x?? D is a good man. And he's taken responsibility of her girls even if she hasn't. I wonder what rights he has here? The whole situation makes me mad for y'all. On a side note i'm ready to kill everyone myself today. This day just.. sucks..

    ReplyDelete