Tuesday, September 20, 2011

See You Later Friend! (A photo tribute)

 Jim's favorite song. Nothing better in the world to "jam" to.
                      
                      Life is, unfortunately full of hurt, and sadness. Death is something that can not be avoided, like a violent storm, we run and run and run, but it catches us, and consumes our life. If we are lucky, we can prepare for it. We can say all the things we need to say, and do all the things we need to do. Exchange kisses and hugs, I love you's and I'll miss you's. Life, being the beast that it is, is not always so kind. Sometimes, it takes our loved ones from us in a hurry, before we can even blink, or even realize that what we once had is now lost. 
                  Yesterday, the world lost quite an amazing man. Jim was not someone who was easily understood. He was set in his ways, and a little bit off the wall, but his heart was full and giving.  He loved the best he could, and smiled often, and just being close to him gave you the complete and total impression that you could do anything.
I wish i could say that i knew him well, because he's the kind of person you just WANT to know. The few memories i DO have, include LOTS of laughing, "never ever", pool parties, good food, "black hate sex", tequila, Joe's Crab Shack, an angry nipple piercing, Stephen Lynch, and Gorilla Glue. My memories of him are few, and i have that regret. Believe me when I say though, that the memories i carry, i more than enough to bring a smile to myself. While i didn't have  the opportunity to know him well before he was taken too soon from this earth, he was very close to my mother. He was her light in the darkness, her shoulder on the dark and rainy days. She needed him to make her smile, and he needed her, just to be there. He was absolutely crazy about her, and when they were together, they just glowed.

 
                        They were silly together, and serious together. He made her smile, and she made him laugh. It didn't require much knowledge of the guy to realize what an amazing person he was. After all, if he made her so happy, he had to be. He was a friend to my Troll, "Papa Jim" was to be a pal. Someone to wake up with early mornings, and to talk to about the unimportant things children talk about. 



And also for warm, night time shirts. <3

                  Now, I, like most any person after a loss of this magnitude, and full of the things i never said. I'm left with only memories, of someone so incredibly special, gone from this world too soon. He’s still here, though we can't see him or talk to him. I can still feel his presence, hear his laugh, and feel his love. He is still a part of our everyday reality. The pictures of him that we cling to, demonstrate just the type of person he was. 



                  He might not be right here, but he’s not gone either. I believe that, because I have to. Somewhere, high above the clouds, where only the angels dwell, he's looking down on us. Sending down memories, and smiles, and hoping for love and remembrance. He can be sure, that from us, there will always be those things. Rest in peace, Jim. Fly with the angels, where there is no pain, no suffering, and no wrinkles. We'll take care of things down here...until we meet again. 

"You're gonna have all of me, 
You're gonna have all of me,
Cause you're worth every falling tear,
You're worth facing, any fear. 
You're gonna know all my love, 
Even its not enough, 
Enough to mend our broken hearts,
But giving you all of me,
Is where I'll start."

No comments:

Post a Comment