Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Baby News-Week 7

Well, I forgot to check back in with you guys after my last appointment on Friday. We got lots of good news, and even got to see our little love. They took measurements, and lots of pictures and did tons of looking around and found us to be a week LESS than they told us we were. Too crazy! So we're sliding into our seventh week NOW, and we're just taking things easy. When we saw the Dr, we got some ideas about the way things at this clinic would be handled, and I'm not sure I'm comfortable with it, but we'll see. One of the big things about it that's bothering me, is that I will not see the same doctor more than once or twice. The reason for this is that there are a number of different doctors on call on different nights, so the night that the baby decides to come, there's really no telling who will deliver him (her?). I don't like the uncertainty of whether or not we'll have a midwife or a doctor, or ya know, just some random person off the street. (yea yea, dramatic i know!) With my previous pregnancies, i had a regular doctor that i saw, so i knew who was going to be delivering my baby. i think that makes for a far smoother birthing experience, and I'm unsure and unhappy about this one. I guess we'll see what can be done about it though. As far as I go, I'm not gaining pregnancy weight yet, although that's not to say that there isn't weight being gained. LOL. I'm eating everything that comes into sight. :) Because I'm so high risk, they're recommending that i not to do anything more intense than walking around the block, which means i'm not likely to lose much weight this time around. It also means i better lay off the ho-ho's, otherwise i'm going to be 500 lbs, delivering a 16lb baby. LOL. And that, my friends, is not ok with me. :) The OB doctor who saw me has recommended that I start taking baby aspirin once a day to counteract the effects of the anti-body that they THINK they see. What they THINK they see is Lupus Anti-coagulant Antibodies. This anti-body causes tiny blood clots that can result in pregnancy complications and miscarriage. They'll have me on baby aspirin until the blood work comes back that either confirms or denies what they believe is going on. If its confirmed, they'll start me on low does Heparin which will continue for the duration of my pregnancy. They'll also continue to monitor me and the baby closely, which so far, they seem to be doing anyways. So we're crossing our fingers that everything comes back OK, but if it doesn't, we're going to take all the necessary steps to make sure our little sweetheart is taken care of the best we can. There's really not much to see at this stage in the pregnancy. They measure our sweet baby at 6 weeks exactly at the ultrasound, and printed a few pictures for us. The troll even got a special big brother picture that is all his own that he can do with what he pleases. He's pretty proud of it, and shows it to EVERYONE. He's going to be such a great older brother (he already is! ) Its so crazy to see such a small thing though, it makes me marvel in the human body.
Yep, we think its pretty amazing, and I'm sure as our little one continues to grow and take up space in mommy's tummy, we will be all that much more fascinated. My troll and my Imp are very interested and very engaged in the whole thing, and I'm so proud of them for being such big boys and such great brothers. I'm excited to see how the whole thing plays out. My little Imp always insists that we stop by the baby room at school so he can look in the window and see the little babies. He'll point and tell me stories about the people in there and what they're doing. I just know he's going to be so interested and thrilled when he has one of his own to play with. Well, there's not much else to report, I'll be going back to the doctor on Friday, to get some more information on this condition and see what we need to do about it, I'll be updating sometime next week for those of you who want to know. Until then, lots of love from us!

No comments:

Post a Comment