Sunday, January 22, 2012

Week 9 :)

Here we are in week 9, time is really flying by, its hard to wrap my head around it, really. I wish I could say that this week went by as uneventfully as last week, but things this week have been harder. I've been having some pretty intense cramping (sort of feels like labor, only toned down to about 6 or 7 from 10). This was pretty constant for 3 days or so, and i fought it with Tylenol, a heating pad, and stubborn emotions. Well into the fourth day though, my cramping found a friend, and i started spotting. Nothing too worrisome, but definitely evident. I blame myself for that though, I'd spent that whole day out with the imp, and then i went to the school to be a mom and be involved in the school activities. Definitely wasn't listening to the signs my body was trying to send me. I wasn't really worried though, until the fever started. It started strong at 100.5, and then tapered off, hanging out at about 99 for the rest of the night, and all day yesterday. After the temp started, D called the Dr, who ordered immediate and 24 hour bed-rest until they could see me at their clinic on Monday. He of course, asked them if we shouldn't go to the ER and they told him what we really already knew. The ER isn't going to do anything to try to help our baby, if something is wrong, and that's what we'd really be interested in, anyways. So we decided just to put me in bed, keep my feet up, and give me a few days to take a breather. They're expecting the symptoms to slow down, i'm assuming, and in some ways they are. Tomorrow, we'll go to the Dr and they'll take a look at the baby, just to make sure everyone is ok. Since we are into the second month, the placenta and everything is starting to form and THAT was our issue with Bells. I remember this feeling while being pregnant with her, and that worries me some. I keep it in the back of my mind though, and i just do what i'm told. I count myself lucky that this time we have a great doctor who is keeping a great eye on me, and on the baby. As hard as it is to be on bed-rest, i'd rather endure this than have to mourn the loss of another one of my children. I'm not sure i'd make it through that. So...we lay here. And we listen to music, and yesterday, I indulged in a total guilty pleasure of mine and watched "Full Throttle Saloon" ALLLL day long. Turns out, there are some perks to being on bed-rest! :)
         Other than that though, things have been going great. The boys are getting more and more excited about the baby. The imp keeps talking about the "ball" in my tummy, and my Troll is telling anyone who will listen to him that mommy has a baby in her tummy. All of the kids at his school on Friday were asking me about it. Its funny though, talking to small, inquisitive minds, and having to be super careful about what you say. Of course, they want to know how the baby got in my tummy: did i swallow it? (no, it doesn't quite work that way!) and how its going to come out?: Jason tells people its going to come out of my feet. I kind of hope he's right, i think that will hurt less in the long run! :) They want to know everything there is to know about having and making a baby, and its hard to answer their questions without giving away too much information on things that are simply not for children of their age. So i told them what everyone else tells them, that a stork brings the babies. The most adorable little girl i think I've ever seen walks up to me, sits down next to me, and says "oh. I get how this works now." and i said "ok, good." So she starts telling me a story. "So, the stork is up in the sky and he sees a mommy and a daddy who love each other and he gets to decide when to give them a baby. And sometimes they get a baby when they didn't really want a baby and that's whats called a "surprise" but the stork brings the baby anyways, and swoops down from the sky and leaves it in the hostible with mommy's name on it, and so mommy can take it home. Sometimes though, the mommy and daddy want the baby, and then that's the kind that's planned. And the stork comes down from the sky and drops the baby on mommy and daddy's doorstep for them to find and they're really happy."  So, I'm listening to this little girl's story, laughing softly at how insanely cute she is, and i say "that sounds about right." She had it all figured out, i couldn't really ruin it for her. And just when i thought i was off the hook, she looks at my tummy again and says "but wait. How does the stork get the baby into your tummy, and how does he get it out?" And the little boy sitting next to her says, in the most serious voice: "he has to be magic. how else would he come up with all these babies?" she seemed satisfied with that answer, and they both wanted to touch my tummy. They were pretty excited. They asked me to come back again when my tummy was bigger so they could feel the baby move, and to PLEASE bring her in to see them when the stork drops her off. It was really a lot of fun, and so innocent.
          Well, that's all for now, I'll write either tomorrow or the next day and let everyone know what happened at the appointment, and how our little lovebug is doing. Thanks so much for all the love, support, and well wishes. I couldn't get through this without you.

No comments:

Post a Comment