Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Day 10: A Symbol

Day 10: A Symbol

This symbol surrounds my life. One in Four women will be "the face". One in Four women will lose their child. This symbol is a reminder that I am the face, I am that one in four. The pink symbolizes that my loss was a daughter. Every year in October, I set this as my profile photo on Facebook...to tell others that I am the face. It's something that it's impossible not to know about me. I talk about her all the time...I mention her all the time, I don't let myself forget...thus...others don't likely forget either. To me...this symbol represents everything that we go through as parents who have experienced a loss. It's raw. And it sucks. Everyday, I am that one in four. And there's nothing i can do about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment