Sunday, October 14, 2012

Day 13: Signs

Day 13: Signs

 

The butterfly is a pretty universal sign of something from "beyond the grave" so they say. Anytime you see a butterfly, you think that it's a message, a silent "I'm here." from whichever person you've lost. Bella likes to make her appearance that way sometimes, but usually...it's in smaller, more subtle ways. Tiny little reminders that she's with us everyday. It's the way she comes to me in my dreams. It's the way she makes something happen...when we're at our lowest. It's the smile that comes to my face brought on by a memory of her...when i feel  like i have nothing else. It's that special place that makes me feel close to her. It's that familiar smell. Those are all the signs that she's close to me...even though she's so very far away. The signs are all around us, the reminders. You just have to know where to look.

No comments:

Post a Comment