Sunday, October 7, 2012

Day 6: What Not To Say

Day Six: What Not To Say



There are a million things, being the mother of an angel baby that I would NEVER say to a grieving parent. But honestly, looking back on a time before that, it never would have occurred to me why those things were so bad. They seem like the most comforting things to say, the things that make the most sense, and yet it's often THOSE things that hurt the worse when we're grieving. I heard a lot of "reassuring" words right after my loss. And I mean, a LOT. But this one in particular drove me nuts. It still does. The fact is, regardless what our situation was when I was pregnant. Whether we had tons of money or none, whether we had everything or nothing, the death of a child is NEVER "for the best." Stop saying that. We hate it. How could ANY place, Heaven included, be better than in our arms, with us, where they belong...where they're meant to be?

No comments:

Post a Comment