Thursday, October 18, 2012

Day 15: A Wave of Light

Day Fifteen: A Wave of Light

Last year, for October 15th, and also for her birthday, Bella's candle burned. It was a candle that Daniel and I crafted with love, especially for her, that we had lit on her memorial for the very first time. Since then, it has come to represent her, during birthdays, holidays, and other important events. It's our way of keeping her close to us. This year, her candle, urn, and other momentos are put away, somewhere safe, during our transition and move. Because of that, I felt SUPER far away from her. I felt as though we were millions of years apart, and I couldn't be close to her, no matter how I tried. However, we were not about to forget to participate in October 15th, and acknowledge her with a wave of light. On that night, her daddy, me, and Emily sat on the front porch and burned lighters for her. Even though it wasn't traditional, it was for her, and it was a way of remembering her, quietly...and letting her know we still love her.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment